Dear YEP Supporters,
School is out and YEP is thrilled to ramp up our summer programming to ensure that the young people we serve have a safe and enriching summer!
Our youth participants will have access to a wide range of supportive services which include mentoring, First Aid & CPR certification and career exploration through our YEP summer 2017 programs. They include Kids Xpress Summer Camp, NOPLAY Summer Scholars and Teen Summer Employment Training (SET).
We’d like to extend a special thanks to
YEP’s Summer Programming Funders who make this all possible:
- Emeril Lagasse Foundation
- Fore!Kids Foundation
- New Orleans Recreation Development Commission (NORDC)
- The RosaMary Foundation
- Tulane University’s Philanthropy and Social Change Class
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
YEP in the news…
- WGNO-TV (ABC) aired a news segment on YEP’s most recent New Orleans Providing Literacy To All Youth (NOPLAY) and Village Program graduates. A total of 36 individuals were part of YEP’s Class of 2017, successfully earning their HiSET diplomas (formerly called the GED in Louisiana).
- YEP’s Juvenile Justice Program Director Chabre Johnson and YEP graduate turned full-time staff member Jaleel Holmes were interviewed by The Justice & Accountability Center’s “All Rise” radio show on how YEP’s mentoring and youth advocacy programs are helping youth in New Orleans stay on track. Jaleel takes a moment to share his personal story with listeners.
YEP success stories…
- YEP graduate and former part-time staff member Rogdericka Ellis was profiled in a Jobs for the Future report entitled “Making Opportunities Work for Youth.” The publication highlights the positive impact of YEP’s programs fueled by our dedicated and supportive staff.
For additional information please contact: Tania Dall, YEP’s Director of Communications – firstname.lastname@example.org – Direct: 504-522-1316 X 210