- Highlights from Bal Masque 2017 were included in a news feature which included a slideshow showcasing the vibrant fundraiser organized by the Link Stryjewski Foundation. The story was published in the Times-Picayune on January 25. Read it here.
- WGSO Radio Interview. YEP Deputy Director Jerome Jupiter and Director of Programs Darrin McCall were interviewed about YEP by radio host Jean Paul LeGarde for his program “Slow Money Show” which aired on January 23. Listen here
- The Youth Empowerment Project’s Director of Programs, Darrin McCall was featured in a WWL-TV news report on the recent uptick of violent crime in New Orleans. That violence has once again hit close to home for YEP participants and staff. Watch the news report which aired on January 18 here
- One of our YEP participants and staff were featured in a Times-Picayune special report called “Family Sentence”. The multi-part series focuses on parental incarceration. You can read the full report here
- Alex Dufrene, a YEP Trafigura Work and Learn graduate spoke about the importance of receiving TOPS Scholarship funding in a video accompanying this Times-Picayune news story on January 9. Watch here
- Bike Easy highlighted Trafigura Work & Learn Center’s lead mechanic Woody Joseph and W&L student/youth mechanic Monica for holding an adult bike workshop on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The YEP duo taught basic bike repair skills and shared rider safety tips. To read more on what they did, read the full blog here
For additional information please contact: Tania Dall, YEP’s Director of Communications – email@example.com – Direct: 504-522-1316 X 210